Virtual Quarter FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

last updated 6/7/2021

Even though no one is in the CPE Office, we are still answering the telephone at (805) 756-1229

If you need a permission for a class (e.g., you changed major into CPE and didn’t take CPE100), email the following person with the class and section(s) you want, why you need to waive the prerequisite. Please be sure to cc Lynne Slivovsky (Director) and Donna Aiken

  • Email Leanne Fiorentino ( for these classes: CPE101, 202, 203, 315, 348, 357, 453, 464
  • Email Yvonne Lynch ( for these classes: CPE 133, 233, 316, EE329, EE211/241, 212/242, 228, 306/346/ 307/347
  • Email the Capstone instructor for CPE350

The Office of the Registrar has created an E-form students may use to request a substitution (see below for the link). Once on the page, scroll down until you see the Petition for Major or Support Course Substitution/Exception – Undergraduate link.

Office of the Registrar – Substitution E-Form

To start, review the Policies & Forms link on the College of Engineering Advising Center home page (link provided below). If you do not see the form you need, visit the Office of the Registrar forms page (link provided below). 

College of Engineering Advising

Office of the Registrar Forms

Please contact the CPE Office at (805) 756-1229 or for details.

Please see the Office of the Registrar’s page to for the updated credit/no-credit policy for CPE (see link below).

Credit/No-Credit Policies