Virtual Quarter FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
last updated 2/5/2021
Even though no one is in the CPE Office, we are still answering the telephone at (805) 756-1229.
Draft an email with the following:
Subject: Request Approval for Permission Number for CPE 400 (461 or 462)
In the body of the email provide:
- Name (first/last)
- (Your) Email Address:
- CPE Course Number: (CPE 400, 461 or 462)
- Purpose: Senior Project
- Send the email it to your faculty advisor and CC firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, ask your advisor to approve your permission number by responding to the email with Reply All.
- After the CPE Office receives the email approval, we will issue your permission number to you.
*For you are submitting a request for a senior project course number, also include in the body of your email if took capstone CPE 350/450 or alternative capstone class.
For other CSSE, and EE classes, please contact the CSSE and EE offices. If you are unsure who to contact, please email Donna email@example.com.
Please Note: For CPE 400 you will also need a Special Problems Form. Go to the forms page to down download the Special Problems form (link provided below).
If you need a permission for a class (e.g., you changed major into CPE and didn’t take CPE100), email the following person with the class and section(s) you want, why you need to waive the prerequisite. Please be sure to cc Lynne Slivovsky (Director) firstname.lastname@example.org and Donna Aiken email@example.com.
- Email Leanne Fiorentino (firstname.lastname@example.org) for these classes: CPE101, 202, 203, 315, 348, 357, 453, 464
- Email Yvonne Lynch (email@example.com) for these classes: CPE 133, 233, 316, EE329, EE211/241, 212/242, 228, 306/346/ 307/347
- Email the Capstone instructor for CPE350
The Office of the Registrar has created an E-form students may use to request a substitution (see below for the link). Once on the page, scroll down until you see the Petition for Major or Support Course Substitution/Exception – Undergraduate link.
Please contact the CPE Office at (805) 756-1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.