If you have a job opportunity you’d like to share, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include: Job description, contact info, and details on how to apply.
My name is Nathan and I am the Senior Project Manager at Applied Orthopedic Design. We are a small engineering company in Arroyo Grande, CA that focuses on orthopedic surgical implants, instruments and processes guided by clinicians.
AOD, Inc. offers and provides NANO 3D pre-operative analysis and modeling servicesto assist orthopedic surgeons through kinematic restoration of the articular surfaces ofeach patient, restoring each patient’s anatomy to their pre-diseased state. We workdirectly with surgeons and clinical representatives throughout this process. Our currentfocus with this process is the improvement of outpatient joint replacement (knee andhip)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collecting archived and current data in order to determine trends and patternswithin the large datasets
- Perform data analysis and draw reasonable conclusions from observations andinterpretations
- Maintaining data pipeline using Excel, Google Sheets, and MySQL
- Finding and troubleshooting database issues
- Improving current data collection system and implement efficient data processes
- Performing ad-hoc analysis using SQL to solve business problems
- Building dashboards to visualize and analyze data (a plus if you know Metabase)
- Researching ways to improve the data process
- Documenting projects and research findings
- Knowledge of R, Python and statistical coding programs for data analysis andreporting
Reach out to Natah Banh email@example.com if you’re interested.
The College of Engineering is hiring an Operational Student Safety Technician to assist with safety initiatives across the college. This position will be responsible for carrying out monthly inspections of eyewash stations, showers, and fire extinguishers across all lab spaces in the College of Engineering. Additionally, this position will assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures, Business Practice Guidelines, and other safety-related documentation.
If this interests you, please check out the full description and apply here, and feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
San Luis Obispo Coastal School District is hiring a motivated, knowledgeable and self-driven Cal Poly Engineering student with an interest in education to teach a class on Drones and Robotics to about 20 students of upper elementary and middle school ages. The curriculum, lessons, teaching material and semi-autonomous drone equipment is provided by LocoRobo. Two class sessions run for back to back for a total of 6 weeks from June 20 to July 29, (8:30 AM – 2:30 PM). Pay is $30/hour. If you are interested, please send an email introduction with your resume attached as PDF to Christine Robertson at email@example.com. Please use “Summer Drones Class” as the email subject line and highlight your educational experience and motivation in the email.
Empirical Systems Aerospace in SLO are looking for more interns for this summer. link https://www.esaero.com/careers. Students should apply for the Engineering Intern Position. The software department is small, so interns get a lot of experience and responsibility. The work is very hands-on and requires use of both high-level and low-level languages (specifically C and C++). In general, it’s a cool place to work and they love having Cal Poly students around.
For any questions contact Adam Meza: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Job/Internship opportunities, go to our website: https://cpe.calpoly.edu/job-internship-opportunities/
ETOILES is a professional research laboratory within Cal Poly Aerospace Department that aims at developing Educational Technologies for Open and Interactive Learning via the Engineering of Small Spacecraft.
To continue the development of the mission while providing mentor-mentees opportunities, PowerSat is looking to on-board from Spring 2022 Cal Poly students for the listed roles below. Note that, in general, each volunteer on PowerSat is allocating about 5 hours per week for work on the project and depending on your curriculum needs and constraints, there are opportunities to complete work on the project to earn units toward your diploma, such as through Senior Project and Independent Study. Please, also note that there is currently no paid roles available
– Role A – Systems Engineers, 1 to 2 individuals (e.g., AERO, IME)
– Role B – Battery Management Subsystem Engineers, 2 individuals (e.g., EE, CPE)
– Role C – Telecommunications Engineers, 2 individuals (e.g., EE, CPE)
– Role D – High Electrical Power Engineers, 2 to 3 individuals (e.g., EE, CPE)
– Role E – Flight Software Engineers, 3 to 4 individuals (e.g., CPE, CSC)
– Role F – Ground Station Engineers, 1 to 2 individuals (e.g., AERO, EE, CPE)
– Role G – Ground Support Equipment Engineers, 1 to 2 individuals (e.g., ME, IME)
– Role H – Interface Module Engineers, 1 to 2 individuals (e.g., EE, CPE)
– Role I – Structures and Mechanisms Engineers, 1 to 2 individuals (e.g., IME, ME)
– Role J – Electrical Power Engineers, 2 individuals (e.g., EE, CPE)
– Role K – On-board Computer Engineers, 1 to 2 individuals (e.g., EE, CPE)
– Role L – Backplane Engineers, 1 individual (e.g., EE, CPE)
If you are interested in joining ETOILES’ PowerSat project, please send an email using your Cal Poly email address no later than Wed., April 13, 2022, end of day to Dr. Faure, email@example.com, following the guidance provided below. Please note that applications not following the guidance will not be considered.
– Email object: ETOILES PowerSat Application
– In email, specify: Major, Education level; i.e., freshperson, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate
If interested in several roles, specify your top 3 roles in order of most interested to least interested. Alternatively, in case you have no preference and would be ready to join any, please indicate so
if you are already part of a Cal Poly club, IRA, research lab, or Greek life group, please specify which one(s)
Attach a word document answering within about 200 words for each question, the following 2 questions:
(a) How would joining ETOILES’ Powersat Team support your educational and professional goals?
(b) What skills (technical and non-technical) do you think you have that will be valuable to contribute, learn, and grow as an individual within ETOILES’ Powersat Team?
– Attached document name is: ETOILES_Powersat_s2022_YourFamilyName;
Perch Sensing started as a research project at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and has since developed into a mission-driven company. Grounded in research, we continue to build fire prediction products that help utilities and communities protect their assets and the surrounding community. We create tools that anticipate and stop wildfires. By improving visibility into regions with high fire risk using mesh sensor technology, Perch can warn authorities of dangerous situations before fires spread. website for more information and checkBy 2030 we intend to have 75% of California’s power grid protected by Perch. The future we envision is one where the safety and livelihoods of communities is prioritized and that a more resilient California is realized. Currently, Perch is looking to fill the following positions: System Administrators, Cloud Architects, Software Engineers, and Project Managers. Visit their
Artifex Technologies is an early-stage building technologies company focused on creating a smart laser distance measurer and accompanying software to expedite the as-built drawing process for construction professionals. The Artifex team is out in the industry building prototypes and conducting research to solve this complex bottleneck and has identified the billion-dollar intersection of the LiDAR and home renovation sectors.Internship details:
Experiment in building web portals to give users access to data conversion tools
Visualization of point clouds and volumes in web browser
Building of technical demonstrations and implementation of data sorting and clustering algorithms (as part of an existing team)
ML instance and data set creation for training
Teensy/Arduino optimization for speed and stability
Languages and interest areas:
Python (Specific Implementations: VPython, Data Scraping, Grasshopper)
C# (Matlab for simulation environment)
C++ (Teensy/Arduino microcontroller sensor fusion and data storage)
Java (Processing.org for dynamic demonstrations)
There are roles in the following:Locations:
Rock Hill, SC
Berkeley & San Diego, CA
Engineering / R&D
Marketing & Sales Operations
Global Customer Success
Please visit our careers page to learn more. To see all of the summer intern positions available, search “Intern” in the keywords field. We are accepting applications NOW!
Advanced Energy is offering summer, fall, and spring internships to your students. We are seeking Electronics, Firmware, and Mechanical engineering interns for our year-round internship program at our sites in Ft. Collins, Colorado; Eden Prairie, Minnesota; Lockport, New York; and Milpitas, California. The successful candidates will work closely with experienced engineering teams while collaborating on the development of high-performance, precision, efficient and cost-effective power solutions. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a global leader in the design and manufacturing of highly engineered, precision power conversion, measurement and control solutions for mission-critical applications and processes.
Students must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or post-graduate student
- Either a minimum of 40 credit hours towards an Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Computer Engineering (BSCE), Computer Science (BSCS) degree or equivalent, OR enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in a similar field
- Must have a 3.25 GPA or higher
The openings are posted on our careers website, https://jobs.advanced-energy.com/ or on Handshake. Students can also scan the QR code on the attached flyer.
Cal Poly has a new fellowship for incoming graduate students studying marine science and that have high financial need. Dr. Crow White is seeking to use this fellowship to recruit up to two graduate students with experience in Computer Science for research projects that will utilize computer simulation modeling of spatial bioeconomic dynamics for addressing questions in high seas fisheries management and marine spatial planning of offshore wind energy farms.
The Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Coastal Marine Sciences at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) in San Luis Obispo, CA, are pleased to invite applicants for the Graduate Fellowship in Marine Sciences program. This fellowship program provides comprehensive financial support for full-time students to complete marine-related research as part of their training in the Master’s of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences graduate degree program at Cal Poly.
Funding support for these M.S. graduate student fellowships is provided from a private foundation seeking to support students from historically underrepresented groups in Marine Biology.
This fellowship program is part of a larger investment in the Cal Poly Center for Coastal Marine Sciences that will enable novel programs that directly impact the recruitment, retention, graduation, and career-readiness of students from demographic groups historically underrepresented in the marine sciences.
To be eligible for this fellowship:
Applicants must apply to the Cal Poly M.S. Biological Sciences graduate degree program prior to the application deadline of February 1, 2022. Details on how to apply to the M.S. degree program are available here: http://bio.calpoly.edu/content/grad-degrees.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to identify potential faculty mentor(s) at Cal Poly (see the Biological Sciences and Center for Coastal Marine Sciences webpages for lists of faculty), and to contact those prospective faculty mentors to discuss research interests well in advance of the application deadline of Feb 1.
To apply for this fellowship:
- -Students must apply to and meet the requirements for successful admission to a graduate program at Cal Poly (application deadline: Feb 1).
- -Students must be working with a faculty advisor who is affiliated with the Center for Coastal Marine Sciences and investigating aspects of marine sciences.
- Preference will be given to graduate students that:
- -Have high financial need;
- -Are from some of the following seven of California’s agricultural counties: Fresno, Kern, Kings, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Tulare;
- -Are graduates of Porterville, Lindsay, Exeter, Farmersville, Woodlake, and Cutler-Orosi high schools in Tulare County.
- -If no qualified students meet b) and c) above, priority will be given to other California residents of high financial need.
Details of Funding Support: Fellowships will provide support for full in-state tuition costs for up to two years, a stipend of $22,000 a year for up to two years, and a small research allowance, as long as a student remains in good academic standing.
Schedule: Proposals are due by email (as a single .pdf file, see application) to Dr. Sean Lema by 5pm on Feb 1, 2022. For additional questions about the Biological Sciences Graduate Program, please contact Dr. Sean Lema.