Senior Project Overview
Senior project is a two-quarter course sequence all students must complete before graduating from Cal Poly. You will find Cal Poly's senior project course in every major on campus. The course is designed to be a culminating learning experience for students at Cal Poly and an example of the "Learn-by-Doing"philosophy.
Senior Project Check List
1. Choose a Senior Project.
- You can come up with your own idea or or talk to a CPE, CSC or EE Faculty member about their ideas.
- See Choosing a Project for more details.
2. Find a Faculty Advisor for your Senior Project.
- You can work with any faculty member in EE, CSC or CPE.
- It's advisable to select a faculty member you already have a relationship with.
- See Finding an Advisor for more details.
3. Register for Senior Project.
- You must register for senior project both quarters through the registration process.
- In order to register, you must have met the prerequisites and obtained a permission number.
- See Registering for more details.
4. Make Progress on your Senior Project.
- You and your advisor select meeting times and frequency throughout the quarter.
- See Project Process for more details.
5. Complete and File Your Senior Project.
- In addition to writing your report you will need to pay a filing fee for filing your senior project at the state cashier, turn in your registration paperwork and senior project analysis report to the CPE Office, and upload your senior project to the library digital commons.
- See Completion & Filing for more details.