If this is your first time submitting a request or you are unsure about how to prepare/submit your reimbursement request, please read these instructions over completely before proceeding. Incorrect submittals may result in your request being delayed or returned.
Students | Use this process to submit reimbursements for projects (typically capstone or senior project). Request amounts are limited to $200 total per project. For reimbursement requests exceeding this amount or for something other than capstone or senior project, please check with the CPE Office for the process you should follow.
Faculty | Please check with CPE Office regarding reimbursement amount limits.
The Reimbursement Process has three steps
The Reimbursement Submittal link will take you to a form (see link below after Step 3). You will be authenticated through the Cal Poly system so please use your Cal Poly email. Your name and email will be automatically collected, but you will be asked to provide the following additional information:
- Project Name & Detailed Description
- What the reimbursement is for (class, project or professional development). You will be directed to a page to download the appropriate spreadsheet to fill out. You will upload this sheet as noted in item 4.
- Mailing Address, City, State, Zip
- Spreadsheet of Purchases Upload | *Upload your spreadsheet listing each purchase (vendor, purchase date, and reason for purchase). The submission form will direct you to the correct spreadsheet to download and will automatically provide your reimbursement total. (See below for full explanation and examples).
- Receipt & Credit Card Statement Upload | *Submit all original acceptable receipts compiled in a single PDF. Number and order each receipt so it corresponds with the appropriate spreadsheet line number. For online purchases, you will also need to provide your credit card statement showing the purchases made (See below for full explanation and examples).
If you are a student, you will be asked to provide the following additional information: EmplID, Cell Phone, Instructor/Advisor’s Name & Instructor’s Email.
After submitting your reimbursement information as outlined in Step 1, your form will be processed by the CPE Office. As soon as your submission is prepared, you will receive an email generated by AdobeSign inviting you to sign your reimbursement form. Please check your clutter/junk folders as these emails often end up there. Your reimbursement cannot be completed without this step.
Your check will be sent to the mailing address you provide.
hOW TO PREPARE YOUR UPLOADS
Spreadsheet of Purchases
The Reimbursement Form will direct you to the correct spreadsheet to download depending on what type of reimbursement you are requesting. Capstone or professional development (faculty only) reimbursements require a different spreadsheet than student projects or course reimbursements. Please refer to the examples provided and fill out the spreadsheet as indicated.
Receipt & Credit Card Documents
To get reimbursed, you need to submit ORIGINAL receipts for each purchase!
Please list each itemized receipt(s) for this reimbursement. Only itemized receipts shall be accepted; submitting receipts only with a total will cause delays in processing and payment since the form will be returned and not accepted until appropriate backup (itemized receipts) is provided. Itemized receipts are receipts that clearly indicate the amount for: each item purchased, taxes paid, and shipping and handling fees (if applicable); all of these things will be broken out.
Number each receipt so it corresponds with the appropriate spreadsheet line number.
IN-STORE PURCHASES | For any in-store purchase (e.g., Home Depot, Miner’s Ace Hardware, RadioShack, etc.), prepare receipt by taping the it to a blank 8.5×11 sheet of paper. You can tape more than one per page if you have multiple store receipts. Scan this as a document.
ONLINE PURCHASES | For any online purchase (e.g., Amazon, EBay seller, etc.), print the receipt or invoice you received from the seller. Your receipt must say the word “receipt” or “invoice”. If it says, “order confirmation”, that’s not the correct one. You must also include a copy of your credit card/bank/Paypal statement showing the purchase and amount. This statement should include 1. Your name, 2. The last 4 digits of your CC number, and 3. The line showing the purchase. You should mark out all other personal information. If it’s a PayPal purchase, print the transaction page from PayPal.
Scan and compile all receipts and supporting credit card statements into a single PDF.